Tuesday 2 June 2015

Seasalter - 1st June

Down at the seafront I hoped the high tide roost would still have some waders for the June list and sure enough the the 4 dunlin were still present along with 28 turnstones, 13 ringed plovers and 2 curlews plus c.30 oystercatchers, 1 lesser black-backed gull and black-headeds and herring gulls.
Swallows and swifts were going west all morning, my rough count being, 12 swallows and c.60 swifts.......couldn't watch these all the time!

Turnstone

Over on the plots the wind was keeping a lot of stuff down but as the morning went on I was able to tick off 6 whitethroats, 5 sedge warblers, 2 cetti's, stonechat, marsh harrier, chiffchaff, cuckoo, reed bunting, common tern, reed warblers and 1 lapwing.

 Common Tern

 Sedge Warbler

Marsh Harrier

A couple of azure damselflies made an appearance, a fresh, green female had me looking in the books to confirm the ID

Best sighting was that of two baby fox cubs along the track, they allowed me to get fairly close as they seemed quite interested in me but mum came along later and they all scarpered into the grass.


No comments: