Wednesday 23 March 2016

Camera Fodder

Rather quiet for birding over the last couple of weeks, however I managed a few outings with the camera;

7th March
A cold NW wind was blowing but I forced myself out to have a look over the patch. From the beach, 41 dunlins, 3 redshank, 30 turnstones, 6 ringed plover and 1 lesser black backed gull and on the plots a few blackbirds, coots and 2 mallard. I soon gave up!

8th
A trip to River for the grey wagtails then onto Oare.



10th
Another trip to Oare.



11th
I went to Hampton hoping to find the purple sandpipers.






13th
A trip around the back of Faversham to find buzzards.


15th
Another trip to Oare playing with cameras.






18th March
Lunchtime I went out to the car, the gulls were screaming away as usual are but this time I noticed a raptor amongst them. Grabbing an old pair of bins from the boot I could see it was a red kite.

19th
Back to Seasalter and some birding, the cold NE was still blowing and on the beach I found; 8 sanderling, c.80 turnstones, 34 ringed plover, c.40 dunlin, 8 redshank, c.20 brents.  Later, whilst sitting in the car during the mizzle I saw a red kite drift west over the sub-station.

20th
After a quick stop at Hampton and finding 1 purple sandpiper I continued onto SBBOT for tea and onto the Restharrow hide.





PM
I nipped over to Oare again in the afternoon finding the redpolls, pintail, blackwits and egret.






No comments: