Tuesday 20 September 2016

Bearded Tits at Last.

20th Sept.

I took a break from my major garden alterations this morning (greenhouse dismantled, new patio, turf laying) and made a visit to Seasalter.  A walk over the plots was very quiet except for 2 chiffs, 1 cetti's, c.30 swallows, 1 kestrel, blue tits and a flock of 46 goldfinches plus a few corvids. The crowning glory of the visit was a nice view of 4 bearded tits moving along the reeds beside the main dyke near the bridge followed by a sparrowhawk as I approached the car and a few minutes later a kingfisher sped along the seawall.

On the 15th last week I had a super view of a honey buzzard over the garden, my first Whitstable record and a few chiffs have been visiting the garden through the week plus a record 34 goldfinches around the feeders.

No comments: