Thursday 26 January 2017

Seasalter and Bossenden

21st Jan.

Another frosty morning but lovely sun, first stop Seasalter where the tide was halfway out. There were 7 red-throated divers on the sea but it looked quiet otherwise so I went to the woods where nuthatches, coal/great/blue tits were active, no sign of marsh tit though. Two buzzards were displaying overhead and a great spotted woodpecker came fairly close.



PM.

I went to Stodmarsh seeing 8 or 9 marsh harriers coming into roost plus a male and female hen harrier.  Hundreds, thousands maybe, of fieldfares also dropping in to roost. The lake was almost frozen over in the -2 deg C temperature.

22nd

Thick fog as I drove down to Seasalter but returned home as to thick to see anything but I managed to clock 5 long-tailed tits alongside the car by the NRA as I turned the car around.

No comments: