Sunday 12 March 2017

A Week at Seasalter Pt2

7th

A pleasant sunny, spring day with temperatures of 7 degs but a fresh wind blowing kept things cool. Another trip around SS, much the same as yesterday although an egret was my first for a while, the knot flock was still evident with c.1500 on the flats and further out on the sea were 6 red-throated divers.  On the plots a pair of linnets and a green woodpecker were good to see but no ducks apart from 2 mallard. I was out of luck to find some golden plovers in front of the YC., no doubt gone north, however, a peacock butterfly brightened up the morning.  On Horse Sands there were 58 common seals.

9th

Andy Malone sent me a text, Glaucous gull off Joy Lane, I quickly got down there and found it finally as it had drifted out a fair way, a Med gull was also there. I then pushed on to SS and looked at the brents again taking photos of the brant.





As the tide started to leave the beach I got a few shots of oystercatchers as they came in to feed and whilst I was talking to a hut owner a kestrel landed on the breakwater. Another Med gull was on the 'hard' just off the pumping station outfall.






Late afternoon I had a look for the owls again.






No comments: