Sunday 9 April 2017

The Last Half of March

I didn't get out much mid March, certainly nothing worth a report but on the 21st at Seasalter 3 greylags appeared and 5 the day before. On the 30th I spent most of the morning at SS finding a chiffchaff along SS lane, 1 cetti's and 7 jackdaws on the field behind whilst out on the levels c.30 lapwing were busy flying about prospecting.  

Skylark

At the seafront the mudflats were empty of wader flocks just, 6 brents, 1 egret, 2 shelducks and a few gulls. Moving up to the LNR I caught sight of a falcon as I got out of the car, a merlin perhaps but I didn't get a good look at it. A cetti's burst into song near the PH and high up a buzzard was circling but otherwise it was quiet. I spent the rest of the time trying to get some photos of reed bunting and anything else that came into range.


 Reed Buntings

 Meadow Pipit


Magpie

On the 30th I went to get some fulmar shots and was surprised seeing a peregrine flying overhead. Fulmars were hanging in the air enabling some good shots....plenty of pipits and skylarks in the area.








No comments: