Wednesday 3 January 2018

Dog Rant

17th December

A morning out with the camera mainly hoping to get a better shot of the black redstart at Seasalter but my attempts were dashed as a women came from behind me with six collie type dogs, off lead. Of course that's the last the black redstart was seen as it zoomed off west. I intimated to her to stay back as I was clearly taking photos and she was off the path and her her dogs were scaring away the birds as they scoured the grassy areas. She took no notice of course, just walked past. She has a white van covered with dog paws, clearly dogs are her life which is fine but buy your own field, don't use our nature reserve.  I wish the public would understand that it is a nature reserve that members purchased to give wildlife a home and that its not a place to exercise dogs. Dogs on leads on the footpath is of course fine, most are responsible owners, except some owners who toss the black bags of .... on the reserve.  

 The best I got!







No comments: