Monday 25 November 2013

Shellness, sunny but cold.

I've not been out for a couple of days, what with the weather and a dose of man flu I thought I should try somewhere different today. So with the hope of snow buntings I went straight to Shellness where I immediately bumped into Derek Faulkner who pointed me in the right direction. 


There were quite a few sanderling on the mudflats plus a few grey plovers and redshank and thankfully no other people apart from one local dog walker on my return. I slowly got onto the 12 snow buntings and sat on the beach close to them whilst they fed, not worrying about my presence. 


I left them to it after about fifteen minutes and walked back to the blockhouse where I found another on its own.


On the way back to Leysdown I stopped along the seawall to photograph some gulls with my new little compact camera........need to take other photos as well as birds but can't resist!


No comments: