Wednesday 12 July 2017

June including the Red-Foot

4th June

Suffering a bit of man-flu but tempted out by a call from Geoff about red kites at Seasalter. They were over the field along Seasalter Lane, three of them, although the farmer I met who told me he had seen eight. The kites must have been tired as they were on the ground at first but got up times for a fly about and at one time were fighting with a buzzard over a moorhen that one of them had caught. This was the morning after the big influx of over well over a hundred plus yesterday afternoon.

Red Kite Holding a Moorhen/Jackdaw or Something

14th June

First time out for a while and went to East Blean Woods finding a few heath fritllaries and at least two white admirals.




16-21st North of England

A really hot period first stopping at Flamborough and RSPB Bempton and get some photos of the gannets etc. but the bright sun made exposure tricky for the camera.


We had a day out on the moors finding a few red grouse, one with chicks. A few curlew could be heard calling and at one stop I disturbed a snipe with its young as I got out of the car.



The last couple of days were spent visiting my brother further north.

22nd June

I had a look at Duncan Down, close to where I live seeing a couple of broad-bodied chasers, large skippers and a red-eyed damselfly and some blues.





25th June

I went to Kingsdown looking for marbled whites which I found near the riffle range.




30th June  

I went to see the red-footed falcon at Grove.






No comments: