Monday 25 September 2017

Osprey at Last

20th Sept

Another visit to Oare and maybe see the osprey that's been hanging about for nearly four weeks. As I approached the reserve by the two sharp bends a merlin took off from the ploughed/raked field, at first I thought it was a mistle thrush.
From the layby I saw 4 curlew sandpipers, dunlin, golden plovers blackwits etc. Then my first view of the osprey, some distance to the south west where there are some fish ponds I was told. It appeared again later in the same area then disappeared again before coming into view again this time flying over the eastern scrape then off down the creek.




 

I saw the osprey again as I drove home, stopping by Oare church seeing the bird circling low overhead then it disappeared west again towards the fish pond maybe.

No comments: