Monday 25 September 2017

Seasalter Trek and Dungeness

Sat. 16th Sept

I had a good wander around the area this morning starting at SS Lane where it was disappointing with just a few blue tits, pigeons, kestrel, magpies etc.. I didn't persevere and moved along to the seafront checking out the high tide roost finding c.125 ringed plovers and c.30 turnstones on the 'oyster barge'.  On the plots the usual birds inc. 1 cetti's, c.700 starlings, 4 chiffs, 5 common whitethroats, c.15 blue tits, 1 blackcap, 1 sedge warbler, 2 lesser whitethroats and 14 curlew on the football  field.

Onto the Sportsman and the LNR seeing the old lonesome rook that has been a visitor here for several years, once bring a mate. A nice flock of c.100 goldfinches and c.50 linnets were around the huts along with a stonechat etc.. I walked up to the white post seeing 2 wigeon flying west, 19 black-tailed godwits, 1 whimbrel calling as it flew past and on my return I counted 36 crows on the pasture just west of the Sportsman. 


!9th 

I went to Dungeness first stopping at the ARC where 4 great white egrets were flying about. Other birds seen were, 3 little stints, 8 knot, dunlin and a host of other birds. I then went to the RSPB reserve where the new work on lifting/raising the islands had left them just piles of sand covered with vehicle tracks, hardly any birds. Had enough and went home!

No comments: